Sunday, July 1, 2012

Download Full Version LangOver

LangOver screenshot 1


LangOver



Overview
LangOver is a tiny freeware utility that can convert your written text quickly between languages. If you forgot to press alt + shift to change the keyboard layout you just have to press a key and your text is automatically converted to the new language.
Review
I am a multilingual PC user, I write in my native Romanian, in English, French and Italian. I use English more frequently than the other three but when I have to write in one of those languages there’s always a problem with the special characters. Until now I used the Windows keyboard layout switcher, pressing alt + shift on my keyboard. But sometimes I’m forgetting to switch, so I produce unreadable pieces of text that I have to correct and I’m always losing time with that. LangOver is a freeware utility that helps somebody like me: you just have to press F10 and the text is automatically converted. The keyboard layout will be automatically switched too.

Let me give you an example of how it works. The text below is written with the Romanian keyboard layout. Notice the special characters.
LangOver screenshot 2
Now if I press F10 the text will be automatically switched to English. Looks better, doesn’t it?
LangOver screenshot 3
You can change the program shortcut keys if you want and also you can set it to run automatically in the background when Windows starts or not.
LangOver screenshot 4
As you can see there even is a keyboard shortcut that triggers a Google search for a selected word. The good news is that LangOver supports any language! Yes, any language that you can think of! The memory footprint is not too small but it’s not big either, on my PC it took around 14 MB.

Version Tested
5.0






Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment