Sunday, July 1, 2012

Download Full Version Find And Run Robot

findandRunRobot screenshot 2
 

Find And Run Robot



Features Overview
  • Easy to use, no configuration needed to run.
  • Extremely customizable.
  • Lightweight and fully portable.
  • Dozens of skins and plugins available.
Review
I was using Launchy to find an easy way to launch programs in my very crowded computer. I had no problems with it so far, maybe just the lack of more customization options was a bit annoying. Many of you recommended another freeware alternative, Find And Run Robot (FARR), a program made by Mouser from DonationCoder.com. I had it on my “to be tested list” for quite some time now and yesterday I finally decided to give it a try. The first thing that I thought of was the memory footprint, so I started both Launchy and FARR and compared the memory usage. As you can see from the picture below FARR is way lighter than Launchy, only around 3.5 megs needed while running in the background.
findandRunRobot screenshot 1
Next I tried to see how fast it is, and believe me, it’s pretty fast! And the searches might get faster and faster because it caches programs you launch for instantaneous repeat searches and adaptive scoring. The program is described as the “ultimate program for keyboard maniacs” and as one of these maniacs I tend to agree with that description. You just have to press a key (pause/break is the default one) to display the FARR window, then just type the first letters of the program you want to run and the results appear right away. Then hit enter to launch the top result and that’s it. But wait, there’s more! FARR also allows you to run web searches, send email, manipulate files or control on-screen windows.

Last but not least this is one of the most customizable pieces of software I’ve ever seen. You can change the hotkeys, fonts, just about anything related to the program. You might be able to change the world too if you try hard enough :)
findandRunRobot screenshot 3
The program author posted a very nice list of the unique features in Find And Run Robot, you can read it here. There is also a great community around the program and several plugins and skins that were created to enhance this freeware gem.

Version Tested
2.75.01






Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment