Sunday, July 1, 2012

Download Full Version Update Notifier

update notifier screenshot 1

 Update Notifier


Overview
Update Notifier is a small freeware program that scans your computer for installed software and then searches for updates to the respective programs. It’s easy to use and it also has a portable version that can be run from an USB stick.
Review
I’ve been using Software Informer as my favorite free software update program for a few months now and overall it’s been a good experience. It’s a very good freeware program but as you already know I’m always ready to try something new. John wrote a comment a few days ago recommending Update Notifier and asking me to compare it with Software Informer. Okay John, here we go!
After installing the program Update Notifier will scan your system for software and then look for the updates. The process took around 3 minutes on my PC. A great thing about Update Notifier is that you can run it from an USB stick, no need to install it if you don’t want to.

After those three minutes Update Notifier found 76 programs installed and told me that 38 of those programs are ready to be updated. I know for sure that I have more than 100 freeware programs installed on my PC if you only think at the recent 94 freeware programs that I presented in the 2009 Freeware Mission Megapack. The interface looks neat though…
update notifier screenshot 2
I immediately opened Software Informer to see how many programs it can find and indeed it found 130! You know, I have many freeware programs installed and waiting to be tested, some of them have been waiting for months :( Just an example of a program that was present in the Software Informer report but was totally absent from Update Notifier: the great open source game called Freeciv!
update notifier screenshot 3
Although it looks nice and generally works like a charm Update Notifier can’t compare with Software Informer‘s performances just yet. Maybe the future versions will be better but so far Software Informer is way ahead.

Version Tested
1.1.6.141





Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment