Monday, July 2, 2012

Download Full Version Linux Mint 7

linux mint install
I wanted to do this for a few months now but I never found a few quiet hours for it… I finally installed Linux Mint 7 on my PC, alongside with Windows XP for now. I gave Ubuntu a try last year but I gave up on it because of the many difficulties with the hardware. What happened with Ubuntu is that I barely made the sound to work after long hours of trying and I just couldn’t make it to properly recognize my wide screen display, never. That’s why, although I liked its looks and functionality, I decided to give up on it.
Somebody recommended Linux Mint here, it was Dusan if I remember correctly, and now I finally had the chance to install it. I chose the latest release, Linux Mint 7 Gloria.  I went for the “install inside Windows” option for now and I guess it’s the best way to go for a Windows user that just wants to explore the Linux Mint option without getting too complicated. This menu will appear if you insert your Linux Mint CD while running Windows and you’ll get to install it like any other program.


Well, not quite like any other program though. You will have to reboot to complete the installation and then when you will start your computer you will be asked which operating system you want to use for that session, Windows or Linux Mint.
linux mint screenshot 1
The whole process shouldn’t take more than 15 to 20 minutes to complete. After that you’ll have the possibility to explore Linux Mint and trust me, it’s quite appealing. The first thing that I checked when I first started Linux Mint was the sound. And guess what? It worked! I set up the network connection with no difficulty and even the display problem that I had in Ubuntu was solved in a couple of minutes! With everything up and running I just had to relax and enjoy Linux Mint. It looks great, it’s fast and the functionality is marvelous once you get used to the differences between Linux Mint and Windows.
linux mint screenshot 2
The Control Center is just what the Windows Control Panel should be, a great interface to your system properties and controls. There are several programs that are pre-installed, like Firefox or Gimp, but you can always add new free programs easily.
linux mint Screenshot-Control Center

I am very impressed with Linux Mint, very impressed. The looks are awesome and you’ll have no trouble in getting all your hardware to work, at least I had none of that. The only thing that keeps me from uninstalling Windows XP right now is that I have some Windows programs that I really need for my work and those programs don’t work under Linux yet. When they will work I guess I’ll have no regrets, I’ll switch to Linux Mint right away. For now I’m going to keep both operating systems, so I’ll have a dual boot PC, but I’m going to use Linux Mint for my day-to-day tasks like surfing the web or writing and keep Windows just for the special tasks that require special programs.
I strongly encourage you to try Linux Mint, it’s open source, completely free of charge, and from what I see a way better operating system than Windows – faster, more secure and great looking without requiring huge memory resources. You can download it from the link below, than make yourselves a bootable CD and go!







Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment