Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version TrueCrypt

truecrypt-screenshot-1

 TrueCrypt


Overview
TrueCrypt is a free, open source and multi platform disk encryption software for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X systems.


Review
TrueCrypt was recommended to me by Gerald, he says that he can’t live without this open source program. I’m always getting valuable information from my readers, so I decided to try this freeware program myself and see if I’ll be able to live without it :)
TrueCrypt uses three of the best encryption algorithms, AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Basically what you can do with it is create a virtual encrypted disk and mount it as a real disk or encrypt an entire partition or an external drive, USB disk or hard disk. After you chose your way, the encryption will be automatic and on the fly.

The best way to start is with the Volume Creation Wizard, you’ll be guided step by step towards your goal. You can even encrypt your system drive, but that could be risky.
truecrypt-screenshot-2
A great thing about the program is the way that it explains everything that it does with your files and partitions, giving you warnings and information in order not to do anything stupid.
truecrypt-screenshot-3
I’m not too worried about the security of the data that I have in my PC, maybe simply because I don’t have anything illegal or abnormal in my PC. However, being careful can’t be too bad. Overall TrueCrypt is a very powerful freeware program, not very easy to use but the tutorials and the information that the developers made available can guide you through easily.

Version Tested
6.1a








Download full version (click below) :

1 comment: