Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version Wubi 8.10

Wubi screenshot 1

 Wubi 8.10


Overview
Wubi is the official Ubuntu installer. It can be run from Windows so that you can install and try Ubuntu without losing your Windows operating system settings and so on.
Review
As you know I have only freeware and open source programs installed in my PC at home, except the operating system which is Windows XP. Many people told me that although having only freeware is good I should go all the way and have an open source operating system, Ubuntu. I promised that I would give it a try, and the simplest way is through Wubi.
Wubi is, as the program authors say, free, discrete, safe and above all simple. After you download the installer you have to make a few simple choices like destination drive, size, language and set up an username and a password.
Wubi screenshot 1

After you click install your worries are gone. Everything will be automated from now on, so you can go out and have lunch while Wubi installs Ubuntu on your PC. On my machine the whole think took about an hour and a half to complete.

Wubi screenshot 2
Wubi screenshot 2

Reboot your PC and when it starts you will get to choose between running Windows or Ubuntu. Simple.
I played around with Ubuntu for a few hours and I’m not going to get into details about how it went now. I’ll just tell you that I was impressed with some of the features, mainly with the overall speed, but I was a little bit put off by some device drivers problems. The most annoying thing was that although I tested several drivers for my graphic card I just couldn’t set up a normal resolution for my display. But I think I’m going to write a new post about all that.

Version Tested
8.10




Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment