Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version Google Chrome Backup

Google Chrome Backup Screenshot 1


Google Chrome Backup

 
Overview
Google Chrome Backup is a freeware program that allows you to backup and restore your Google Chrome user settings and bookmarks.
Review
You might know that Mozilla Firefox users have a pretty good program for backing up their settings and bookmarks. The program is called MozBackup and it can handle your Thunderbird user data too. When I switched to Google Chrome MozBackup became useless for me, but I was left without a web browser backup program. Until I found Google Chrome Backup (not very creative in picking a name for the program, were they ? :)
The first impression was not very good: they have a “unlocked” version that offers some more features in exchange for a few euros. Fortunately those “extra” features are not essential, so I decided to give the program a try after all.
Google Chrome Backup Screenshot 1
I clicked on “Run Wizard” and then chose to backup my current user profile. After you choose the profile that you want to backup you have to select a destination path for the backup file and you’re ready to go.
Google Chrome Backup Screenshot 2
Google Chrome Backup Screenshot 2
The whole backup process is divided into three steps. The last one, the backup itself, took a couple of minutes to complete.
Google Chrome Backup Screenshot 3
Google Chrome Backup Screenshot 3
So far so good, my precious Google Chrome settings and bookmarks are backed up and kept safely in a file. Now I decided to test the restore feature too, so I deleted a couple of my bookmarks and ran the restore wizard. As you might see in the screenshot below the restore process doesn’t show any progress bar. As a matter of fact it doesn’t even tell you that it’s running ot not, you just have to guess. And it doesn’t tell you when it’s finished either. You know how I could tell? The “Restore” button transformed itself into that nice “Next” button you see there when the restore process was completed.
google-chrome-backup-4
Google Chrome Backup Screenshot 4
But let’s look at the good side: my bookmarks were restored! Well, it seems that it backs up and restores my Chrome data after all. The program also allows you to create user profiles, thing that could be quite handy if you share your PC with other people.

Version Tested
1.7.0.113




Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment