Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version CleanMem

CleanMem


Overview
CleanMem is a tiny freeware memory optimizer. It doesn’t run in the background, you just have to run it whenever you want to clear some RAM.


Review
I was using SweepRAM as a memory optimizer since the beginning of the Freeware Mission and I was pretty satisfied with it so far. I decided to try CleanMem because some readers suggested it to me saying that it was surely better than SweepRAM. So I planned a little test. First of all I chose the program that runs almost all the time in the background in my PC for the test, and that program is Launchy. I started my PC and looked at the amount of memory that Launchy used. The result was around 14 MB.
Launchy Memory Usage Before CleanMem
After running CleanMem the result is quite impressive: Launchy takes only 156 kb. If I press alt+Space to bring Launchy into action it will take 5 to 7 MB.
launchy-after-cleanmem
Launchy Memory Usage After CleanMem
Now let’s do the same thing using SweepRAM. Launchy takes around 14 MB right after starting the PC.
launchy-before-swepram
Launchy Memory Usage Before SweepRAM
Now let’s run SweepRAM and see what we get.
launchy-after-swepram
Launchy Memory Usage After SweepRAM
160 kb, almost equal to CleanMem‘s 156. Again, after pressing alt+Space Launchy will behave normally taking 5 to 7 MB.
As far as I can tell the only real difference between the two programs is that SweepRAM displays some sort of a confirmation message after completing the RAM cleanout, while CleanMem is totally silent. 

Version Tested
1.3.0





Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment