Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version Free Desktop Clock 2.2

free-desktop-clock-1

 Free Desktop Clock 2.2


Overview
Free Desktop Clock is a better looking and more advanced freeware replacement for the standard Windows system tray clock.


Review
I had only one reason to search for a freeware tray clock replacement: I want the date dispayed too, not only the time. And maybe I hoped for a better looking clock, but that was not essential. After browsing the internet for some time I was quite frustrated because almost all the programs in this category are shareware, mostly time limited. Finally I found Free Desktop Clock. It has a paid version called Atomic Alarm Clock, with far more features, but I hope that the free version will be enough for my needs.

Nice, it shows the date, 7th of March, Saturday. You can set it to show the seconds too along with the hours and minutes. As for the looks you get to choose from 50 different skins. Some of the skins look quite atrocius, others are nice. I chose the domino skin, nice and elegant black and white skin.
free-desktop-clock-2
If you wonder about the memory footprint I can tell you that it’s rather small, only 560 Kb on my system. In the main window of the program you can make a few customizations to the program, and you can also synchronize your clocki with the international time servers like time.windows.com and others. By default if you double click the tray clock the Windows Date and Time Properties window will pop up. I use this window as a calendar :)
free-desktop-clock-3
There you have it, a freeware tray clock replacement with better looks and a small memory footprint.

Version Tested
2.2






Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment