Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version TClockEx

tclockex-screenshot-3

 TClockEx


Overview
TClockEx is a freeware program that does not replace the Windows tray clock, it enhances it to show the date and other useful information.


Review
I guess that there are many Windows users that are annoyed by the standard tray clock. If they only would have added an option to display the date too… Anyway, I looked for freeware programs that could replace the standard Windows tray clock and more than a month ago I reviewed Free Desktop Clock 2.2, a good alternative, but not satisfying enough. But then many of you, my readers, came up with great suggestions of other freeware tray clock replacements. CodyPT suggested TClockEX, and I must say that the program impressed me as soon as I installed it. Thanks, Cody ! :) Just look at how it displays the date along with the time, simple and nice.
tclockex-screenshot-1
Then I wanted to see if I could access the calendar easily. Just left click on the clock and there you go, the calendar pops up. Nice and easy.
tclockex-screenshot-2
Last but not least, TClockEx is very customizable, you can change the fonts and colours, even the tooltip (you can get CPU and memory usage in the tooltip).

Now about the memory footprint. As I said, TClockEx does not replace the taskbar clock, it enhances the clock itself, so you won’t see it taking up huge memory resources. The freeware program was developed since 1998 but there were no new versions since March 2000. The author might release the source code if there is anybody brave enough to take the program further.

Version Tested
1.4.2






Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment