Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version Songbird

Songbird Screenshot 1

Songbird




Songbird is an open source music player, highly customizable, featuring last.fm scrobbling and many interesting add-ons. 


Review
My favorite free audio player is Quintessential Player, and it has been so for years. I liked it because it’s simple and reliable, but now I felt that it was time for a change. I decided to test Songbird, and the main reason that pushed me to it was the fact that it’s an open source program. I feel that open source software have a better chance of developing into outstanding programs because of the commnunity support.
Tha first thing that I liked about Songbird is the variety of add-ons that you can install. I guess that Firefox add-ons addicts will be very happy with Songbird. While browsing through the various add-ons I had the same feeling that I had years ago when I first installed Firefox. First things first, I installed a lyrics add-on :)
Songbird Screenshot 1
I have to say that I was impressed right from the first song. I have the lyrics thanks to the add-on, I have the artist bio, discography, reviews, news, photos, even videos from YouTube and other sources. Hmmm, this could turn to be quite addictive.
Songbird Screenshot 2
Songbird Screenshot 2
In such a customizable program I guess it’s obvious that skins are changeable too. In Songbird skins are not called skins, but feathers ;) And there are many nice ones available to install.
Songbird Screenshot 3
Songbird Screenshot 3
Songbird is more than an audio player, you can manage your library, it has an integrated web browser, it plays the most common audio files formats and they say that the future versions will include a video playing module and a CD ripping feature. Cool!

Version Tested
1.0.0 Build 860






Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment