Saturday, June 30, 2012

Download Full Version FileZilla

filezilla-client-screenshot-1


FileZilla


Overview
FileZilla Client is an open source multi platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of features and an easy to use graphical user interface.


Review
I can’t believe that I didn’t review FileZilla until now, it’s an open source program that I’ve been using for a long time. I guess any webmaster should have an FTP client, and FileZilla is my choice, mainly because it’s open source.

FileZilla is already a legend in the open source world, it has been around for years and now it has reached version 3. I guess that it has been so successful because it’s very easy to use, even for a newbie. You can set up your website connection in only a few minutes if you know the host and, of course, your username and password. From that point on everything goes smoothly, download and upload files to your website, sychronize and so on.
filezilla-client-screenshot-2
I’m using FileZilla for the freewaremission.com website and it never let me down, it’s fast and reliable. Here’s a quick recap of the program features:
  • Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
  • Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
  • IPv6 support
  • Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
  • Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
  • Supports drag and drop
  • Configurable transfer speed limits
  • Network configuration wizard
  • Remote file editing
  • Keep-alive
  • HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
filezilla-client-screenshot-3
There are more features, but these are the most important. I really don’t think there’s much I can add, FileZilla is and will be my open source FTP client for years to come.

Version Tested
3.2.4.1






Download full version (click below) :

No comments:

Post a Comment